Those extra pounds that your carrying around are down to one simple reason……OVEREATING.
The question we all want answers to is, why do we overeat? Here a few possible reasons:
- Habit- whether you like it or not, we as humans eat in a learned pattern, rather than out of need. You are taught to finish all your food from a young age, you have two slices of toast without thinking if one toast is enough.
- Absentminded- you actually forget to think about what you’re eating when you’re actually eating. This is especially the case when you eat in front of the TV. Your concentration is on the screen and not on what you’re consuming or how much.
- Something Deeper- sometimes this excessive intake of food is a way of changing ones mood. These calories may lend a temporary sense of comfort or pleasure. However the reality is that your body suffers as a result of this indulgence.
Here are 3 Steps to Overcome Overeating
- Pay Attention-Be aware of what and how much you eat. To apply this to your life, simply avoid eating when there are distractions around you i.e. watching TV. Also only put food in your mouth when you are hungry and are fully aware of how much you are consuming.
- Practice Balance-Be aware of the types of food you are eating during the meal, therefore meaning keep it balanced. This meal would consist of lean meat, whole grains, vegetables and a few servings of fruit and limited amount of fat. Your body will be satisfied and the urge to overeat will be gone.
You shouldn’t always eat carb based meals and also you shouldn’t always eat high fat based meals.
- Be Tuned in- Your body is very good at telling itself when its been satisfied. You have just become an expert at ignoring the signs and barrel through each meal like its your last.
An important part of being in tune with your body is to eat slowly. Once you pay attention, you will begin to notice that each bite becomes less and less satisfying. This is the way your body tells you that its had enough.
By learning how to control your eating habits, you will find weight loss a lot easier and more natural.