So the New Year’s coming up, and you’re trying to reinvent yourself.
You might be thinking about New Year’s Resolutions to better yourself, or just going along with what comes to you. But either way you might be considering to become healthier, fitter and happier than you are currently.
To keep yourself on the right track for New Year’s, try following these 27 Fitness and Fat Loss Tips:
- Every day, imagine yourself in that perfect body that you want and keep your goals in your mind. Believe that you are on your way to achieving these goals and that you’ve almost made it.
- Don’t waste any time. Work out at higher intensities and burn as much calories as you can. Push yourself beyond your limit.
- Eat less! How easy would it be to not gain calories, if you don’t consume them? You would effortlessly lose weight and calories if you use smaller plates.
- Make sure you don’t be tempted to take days off, of your workouts by relying on them. You would be more motivated to go, and keep going if you work out with someone of a personal trainer.
- Keep yourself hydrated! With WATER! It’s strange how many people are unknowingly dehydrated. Instead of quenching your thirst with beverages that are filled with sugars and calories, drink some water which won’t do you any harm.
- Stick to a well balanced nutritious meal plan. Keep your metabolism burning by eating plenty of dark green vegetables such as spinach, asparagus and broccoli to get vitamins and minerals and lean protein sources such as chicken, eggs and fish.
Healthy fats should also form a big part of your diet which helps to regulate your metabolism and burn body fat, make sure you consume healthy fats through almonds, avocados and oily fish. Avoid processed foods by eating smaller nutritious meals 3 times a day and consume two snacks to avoid hunger and binging.
- If you need support with staying on track as for help. If you feel supported while trying to reach your goals you are far more likely to be successful.
- There are many recent studies all showing that high intensity training is a far more effective method for achieving a better body composition then slow paced traditional cardio sessions like jogging.
Short sharp bursts of exercise such as hill sprints creates EPOC (Excess post exercise oxygen consumption), this is what makes interval training efficient for fat loss. Due to the intensity of the exercise your body has to work hard to cope meaning calorie expenditure dramatically increases helping you burn more fat after the session due to the elevated metabolism.
- It’s down to you! How badly do you want to achieve your goals, you should remember this when your exercising hard. Make sure you know it will be worth it.
- Do not consume processed foods. They will lack essential nutrients and fill you up with calories your body can’t use properly as fuel and will more likely be stored as fat.
- Get started right now. There is no time like the present to start training and eating well, it’s far too easy to put it off until tomorrow or the week after but life will keep getting in the way. Start now!
- Fill your diets with lean protein, vegetables, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Start reading the nutrition labels on food.
- Find a personal trainer to accelerate your fat loss goals
- Get to know the different food groups and understand the basic nutritional values of different foods and what they are needed for.
- Surround yourself with positive like minded people
- Do not consume calories through drinking. Only drink water and green teas
- Consistency is essential to achieving your goals. Train hard and regularly 3 to 4 times a week.
- Set your targets high expect allot from yourself.
- Limit fruit intake to 1 to 2 pieces a day to avoid natural sugars. Stick to blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- Don’t let your muscles adapt to your workouts. Keep challenging your body by adjusting the rep range you use, time under tension and exercise order.
- Consume plenty of whole foods to get fibre and antioxidants.
- Cardiovascular work should be performed in an interval style for fat loss. Its most effective when performed after your weight training to maximise fat burning capabilities
- Smart goal setting is important to give you sense of direction and drive. Make them specific and measurable.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s a chance to kick start metabolism and help brain function. Consume protein rich food first thing such as eggs or mackerel.
- Push yourself and achieve your goals
Use these tips to your advantage. Keep them somewhere you can see them allot to remind and motivate yourself. If in the New Year you want to strip body fat and become leaner and more energetic then find yourself a personal trainer to educate you, accelerate your fat loss and help you hit your target.