It’s the New Year, and you have a clean slate. Personal trainer in St Johns Wood shows you how to get back on track!
These 15 Fitness and Fat Loss Tips will get you on the right track for this New Year:
- Visualize the accomplishment of your goals each and every day. Experience the taste of success and feel that sweet satisfaction.
- Push the intensity of your workouts.
- Use smaller plates at home. This effortlessly reduces calorie intake and promotes weight loss.
- Build accountability into your workouts so that you resist the temptation to take days off. The best way to ensure accountability is to work with a personal trainer either one-on-one or in a group training setting.
- Believe in yourself. Know with conviction that you CAN accomplish your goals.
- Drink water throughout your day. Do this by carrying a water bottle and opting for water rather than calorie-filled beverages. This simple action is extremely beneficial.
- Maintain your metabolism by eating a healthy snack or meal every three hours. This food should be unprocessed, low in fat and high in fiber.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Incorporate High Intensity Interval Training into your cardio workouts by performing bursts of high intensity rather than exercising at a single steady pace.
- It’s not about will-power, it’s about want-power. You have to want it.
- Do not eat processed foods. These items are high in empty calories and contain a plethora of chemicals that are harmful to your health.
- Stop talking about losing weight. Start doing it.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of carbohydrates and protein, so limit the amount that you consume.
- Fill your diet with lean protein and carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
- Be wary of products that are labeled as ‘health food’. Always read the nutrition labels.