Why does temptation always win?
In today’s society, temptation is on every high street, in every supermarket and pretty much everywhere else you may think to look.
In addition the abundance of tempting edibles, you also have deeply ingrained positive associations with indulging. For example:
- Tempting food is seen as a reward.
- Tempting food is turned into comfort food.
- Tempting food then becomes food for stress relief.
- This then becomes a habit.
Don’t let temptation defeat you anymore. A Personal Trainer London can help you take control and fight back by using your most powerful weapon……no not your fist…..but YOUR BRAIN.
A Matter of Perspective.
Overcoming temptation is very important and the only way to do this is by associating negative things in place of positive ones. Use the 2 steps below to harness the power of your mind to become stronger than any temptation.
Step one: Create A Strong Negative Association with all the BAD STUFF
- If you believe that burgers and chips are the greatest food and you set your mind to think that they are your favourite, then you will never lose weight and will always remain unhealthy.
- You have to ask yourself why you dislike tempting and indulgent food?
- Increases weight
- Decreases energy
- Destroys confidence
- Completely reduces the quality of your life
- Ruins your love life.
- Whenever you come face to face with these temptations, STOP and think about the list you have created stating why these foods are bad. It’s about time you kick these unhealthy foods off their pedestal and to replace them with something a lot more healthy in its place. Personal Trainer London can help you.
Step Two: Create a Strong Positive Association with all the GOOD STUFF.
- Now you have cleared your mind of these unhealthy temptations, fill the void with healthy foods such as fresh fruit, crispy vegetables and lean meats.
- Same as we did with the unhealthy list, create a list and ask yourself what you love about healthy foods-
- Reduces Weight
- Increases Energy
- Builds Confidence
- Drastically improves quality of life.
- Enhances your love life.
- Surround yourself with healthy foods and a Personal Trainer in London. Take a stroll down to the natural food stores and take a look. Have casual walk down to your local farmers market and do a little shopping there. And finally clear your kitchen of any unhealthy foods.
By taking these techniques and applying them to yourself, you will soon find that healthy foods are more appealing to you. A Personal Trainer in London can help you achieve your goals.